My Updates Archive
- I've co-authored a SIGSPATIAL newsletter article w/ Joon-Seok Kim and Andrew Crooks about using procedural city generators for a broader urban research. You can find the full text here.
- We (my team at GMU and Tulane University) organized the GeoSim Workshop at the SIGSPATIAL 2018. The workshop included invited talks, paper presentations, and a panel discussion. Details are at geosim.org.
- We have made final decisions about GeoSim 2018 papers. Based on current status, our workshop will have two sessions at the SIGSPATIAL 2018.
- I am presenting our paper 'Fine-Scale Prediction of People's Home Location using Social Media Footprints' at SBP-BRIMS 2018 this week.
- Our PLOS ONE paper has been published this week. Take a look at it!
- The call for papers is out for the GeoSim'18 Workshop. To see the details click here and to submit your paper click here.
- We are organizing a workshop on GeoSpatial Simulation (GeoSim'18), part of the SIGSPATIAL 2018 (Seattle, Washington, USA). See details at https://www.geosim.org.
- I'm presenting our paper called 'Big Data, Agents, and Machine Learning: towards A Data-Driven Agent-based Modeling Approach' at the Annual Simulation Symposium at SpringSim 2018.
- I've started a Research Faculty position at George Mason University.
- Our paper entitled "Temporal and Spatiotemporal Investigation of Tourist Attraction Visit Sentiment on Twitter" has been accepted to PLOS ONE.
- Our paper entitled "Fine-Scale Prediction of People's Home Location using Social Media Footprints" has been accepted as a short paper for the SBP-BRIMS 2018 Conference
- Our following two papers have been accepted to the Annual Simulation Symposium at Spring Simulation Multi-Conference 2018
- Assessing the Impact of Cyberloafing on Cyber Risk
- Big Data, Agents, and Machine Learning: towards A Data-Driven Agent-based Modeling Approach
I wish you all happy, healthy, and productive new year!
- The 51th Annual Simulation Symposium (ANNS'18) full paper submission deadline is extended to December 14, 2017. Looking forward to receiving your submissions.
- I am presenting my dissertation topic at the ODU's 3MT (Three Minute Thesis) challenge. The event will be held at the University Theatre at ODU on October 24, 2017 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- I have attended the Swarmfest 2017 and presented an introductory tutorial to CLOUDES. Chris Lynch presented our paper titled "Identifying Unexpected Behaviors of Agent-based Models through Spatial Plots and Heat Maps". Good conference, great discussions and exchange of ideas, and Joshua M. Epstein as the keynote speaker.
- Our paper titled "Identifying Unexpected Behaviors of Agent-based Models through Spatial Plots and Heat Maps" is accepted for the Swarmfest 2017 conference.
- Version 0.2.0 of my Human Mobility Modeling Utilities library is released on GitHub.
Our following two papers are accepted to the Winter Simulation Conference 2017
- Incorporating Sound in Simulations
- Storytelling and Simulation Creation
I have presented two papers in the Spring Simulation Multi-Conference 2017
- CNS Symposium: The Spread of Wi-Fi Router Malware Revisited
- DEMO Session: A Data-Driven Spatial Agent-Based Simulation Application With In-Memory Caching Support
Our submission titled "A Data-Driven Spatial Agent-Based Simulation Application With In-Memory Caching Support" was accepted for the M&S Demo Session in Spring Simulation Multi-Conference 2017.
Our Wi-Fi malware spread paper was accepted for the 20th Communications and Networking Simulation Symposium.
Our teaching simulation using games paper was presented at the 2016 Winter Simulation Conference.
Our enhanced trace validation of agent-based models paper was published in the Sage journal SIMULATION: Transactions of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International.
Our cyber attacker modeling paper was presented at the 2016 Summer Simulation Conference.
I presented our cyber scenario characterization paper and human mobility framework poster at the 2016 Spring Simulation Conference at Pasadena, California, USA. My poster won the best presentation award.