I am a researcher passionate about developing data-driven solutions (from problem formulation to implementation). I am experienced in developing human behavior models using statistical modeling, machine learning, and agent-based modeling approaches.
I am familiar with many data science-related technologies and programming languages including Hadoop (Hive), Python (scikit-learn), and Java (Smile, Encog, WEKA). I love explaining technical jargon in everyday language.
I've applied my data-driven modeling experience in a wide range of applications including
- human mobility (statistical models of daily movement patterns see my github project)
- human mobility (simulation models of daily mobility)
- cybersecurity (malware spread simulations; modeling the attacker)
- tourism (text analytics of tourist visit feedbacks)
- online user behavior analysis (on cloudes.me)
Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Visualization:
- Topics: Behavioral data mining,sentiment analysis and opinion mining, predictive analytics,and 2D data visualization.
- Techniques: Artificial neural networks, decision trees, Bayesian networks, KNN, SVM, map visualization, and heat maps.
- Tools: Java(Encog,WEKA,Smile),Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HiveUDF, Matlab, Python, D3, and QGIS.
Statistical Modeling and Analysis:
- Topics: Frequentist statistics, Bayesian statistics, data modeling, and hypothesis testing.
- Techniques: Descriptive statistics, Bayesian networks, Markov chains, MCMC, Q-QPlot, ANOVA, and K-S test.
- Java, Matlab, Python, and R.
- Topics: Human behavior, human mobility, cybersecurity,spatial models,and industrial models.
- Techniques: Agent-Based Simulation, Discrete-Event Simulation, Monte Carlo Simulation,and System Dynamics.
- Tools: MASON, AnyLogic, NetLogo, Arena, and Vensim.
Programming and Databases:
- Topics: Web-based software, mobile applications,desktop software, relational databases, non-relational databases, and distributed databases.
- Techniques: Service-oriented architecture, MVC architecture, layered architecture, object-oriented design, agile development, versioning, SQL databases, and no-SQL databases (BSON-based, key-value).