I enjoy advising curious students at all levels from high school to Ph.D. Currently, I supervise undergraduate and graduate students. Over the summer of 2020, I am planning to integrate high school students into my research activities. See the bottom of this page first if you want to inquire about working under my supervision.
Current Ph.D. Committee Chair
- Melonie Richey - Computational Social Science Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
- Provisional title: Modeling Refugee Populations Using Agent-Based Models
- Paul Cummings - Computational Social Science Ph.D. Student at GMU
- Provisional title: Developing a Near Decomposable and Interpretable Machine Learning and Agent-Based Model for Social Science Theory
Current Ph.D. Committee Membership
- Bora Aslan - Ph.D. Candidate at International Relations Dept. at Old Dominion University.
- Scott Hopkins - Computational Sciences and Informatics Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
- Gideon Gogovi - Computational Sciences and Informatics Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
- Tom Wallace - Computational Social Science Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
- Jarrod Grewe - Computational Sciences and Informatics program Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
- Bruce Goldfeder - Computational Sciences and Informatics Ph.D. Candidate at GMU
Current Undergraduate Research Students
- Gowri Prathap - (Summer 2020) Computational and Data Sciences major at GMU.
Past Ph.D. Dissertation Committee Member
- Christine Harvey - Computational Science and Informatics Ph.D. at GMU (awarded Fall 2019).
Past Undergraduate Research Students
- Peter Banks - (Spring 2020) Economics major at GMU.
Are you a current/accepted GMU student interested in working with me?
Send an email at hkavak [at] gmu.edu and mention three things please:
- your research interest
- your CV/Resume
- express whether you need funding/research assistant position.